I teach students the tools and techniques to objectively communicate and justify their designs using research.
'User Experience Design for Games' combines my academic knowledge as a Game Designer with my first-hand experience as a User Experience Professional by teaching students how applying the UX process to a game's Head's Up Display improves the communication taking place between a system and a user.
Identify where gaps in the game’s User Interface exist and what can be improved upon.
Conduct UX Research by:
· Analyzing the players
· Breaking down the current UI
· Learning the requirements of the designer & system
Learn the strengths and weakness of other design solutions, giving you a strategic advantage as you explore your own solution.
Benchmark the industry by learning from:
· Similar games (intra-industry)
· Games from other genres (cross-industry)
· Outside the games industry (inter-industry)
Apply the knowledge learned to improve the communication taking place between the game system and the player.
Design and explore alternative UI Components by learning:
· Through design exploration
· Analyzing your explorations
· Rationalizing your solutions